Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Two posts in one day?!?!

I just glanced at the Dec 23 entry and wanted to add an update: though I lost a course at the last minute, I received a phone call from my department chair in the middle of the first week of classes.  One of her instructors had just quit (had found a full-time job), and she wanted to know if I would be able take the class. 

Uh, yes.  Please!!!!

So, I frantically prepared a syllabus (I've taught the course before, but it's quite different to come in a week late), and now I'm teaching three courses this semester instead of two.  What an amazing relief--both financially and emotionally!

God is good!

So, I should still have a bit of free time (unlike last semester), but I should also be busy enough to keep crippling apathy and depression at bay.

Anyone want to hang out?  I'm feeling artsy: I'd love to paint, practice my photography more (both b&w and digital--I have a new Canon digital SLR!), work with pastels, improve my calligraphy--and this is just the stuff I have supplies for (and yet still pretty much suck at).  Travel also sounds amazing, but I'm pretty sure I'd need a beneficent donor to help with that one!

Feeling pretty good at the moment.  Smooches to all!

No comments: