Sunday, February 8, 2015

Looking for some help

For several years I have been teaching a Korean graphic novel in my World Literature course.

The Color of Earth, by Kim Dong Hwa is a beautiful book and beautiful story.  And because I lived in this amazing country (eleven years ago, but who's counting), I really, REALLY want a copy of this book (or the entire trilogy) in Korean.

As internet savvy as I consider myself to be, I cannot locate a Korean copy of this book online.  This is the closest I've come:











An image of the Korean covers.  That's it.  No way to purchase it.

So I'm finally reaching out for help.  Can someone please help me acquire this book or series in the original Korean?  If you find it online, that'd be best (post a link in the comment box).  If you know someone in South Korea (preferably who knows English!) who you could put me in touch with, that would be awesome.

And before you ask, no, I don't speak or read Korean.  So what's the point of having a copy of a book I can't actually read?  Comparison.  Side by side comparison.  Even if it's only the artwork and word/thought bubbles, I want to compare the versions.  

If you can help me with this personal, professional, and scholarly pursuit, I would very much appreciate it.  I might even send you some cookies.  :)

No comments: